Twitter is the best place to connect with what’s happening.
- Events: every event happening live or on TV such as the Oscars, the Grammys, the World Cup, any sports event, etc
- Special Days: all those commercial or important cultural dates such as Mother’s Day, Christmas, Cyber Monday, etc.
- Trends: cultural movements, audience comments about your Brand, or anything that is happening in the world that everyone is talking about such as #LunchAmerica, #Challenges, etc
Why is it so important to connect with what’s happening?
People don’t wake up thinking about your brand, so you need to be top-of-mind, always talking with them about different things they are interested in.
Now, more than ever, brands need to connect with what’s happening.
Source: Meaningful Brands Survey – Havas
How do you Connect with what’s happening and become part of the conversation?
- Identify moments you know will happen and produce assets that “feel” real-time when published at the right moment.
- Create extensive lists of expected and potential moments around the event.
- Focusing on a few key moments and creating content that speaks to them humanizes the Brand and makes the response seems “real-time”.
- React to live conversations with content that reflects your brand message or product set.
- 3 questions to ask:
- Will it build relevance with your target audience?
- Is there a direct connection to the Brand, category, sponsorship or ad buy?
- Will it help you steal a share of voice from competitors?
When Brands Connect with what’s happening on Twitter, they see lifts across the funnel:
- Source: Nielsen Brand Effect (US/UK/JP/CA). Q3 2015 – Q3 2018 Connect Campaigns. Percentages refer to % uplift (not deltas or percentage points difference)